The public’s trust is essential for the Harris County Sheriff’s Office to perform its mission of protecting all citizens and enforcing the law.
As part of our core values, the HCSO strives to merit and maintain the public’s trust, embrace and deliver professional service, protect our citizens with honor
and courage, exemplify ethical conduct at all times and develop, encourage and care for our Sheriff's Office family. These values are applied throughout the organization, including within the third largest county jail system
in the United States, the Harris County Jail.
This portal was created to provide citizens with family and friends incarcerated
within the Harris County jail a more direct method of submitting “Quality of Life”
concerns related to jail operations.
Examples of a Quality of Life concern would include an inmate’s access to appropriate
services, activities and general jail conditions, such as:
- Access to medical care
- Access to mental health Care
- Food service
- Jail activities, such as visitation, recreation and religious services
To voice a Quality of Life concern, please click on the link below and be prepared
to provide as much information as possible. To help the Sheriff’s Office check into
your concern and respond in a timely manner, we ask that you provide:
- Your name
- Contact information, to include your e-mail address and phone number
- The inmate’s name
- The inmate’s System Person Number (SPN)
- The applicable jail facility
- A description of the concern, to include any applicable dates and times
Once your Quality of Life concern has been submitted, please allow for the issue
to be researched and a response to be routed back to your e-mail address. The Sheriff’s
Office will strive to respond to your concern as quickly as possible.
The Harris County Sheriff’s Office takes great pride in providing the public with
professional, transparent service. This link serves as another example of our dedication
to the citizens of Harris County, Texas.
Important: This link is intended to only address basic Quality of
Life concerns within the jail. Please contact the HCSO’s Internal Affairs Division to report any alleged criminal acts or employee misconduct,
such as excessive use of force or official oppression.
* If you are submitting your Quality of Life concern after normal business hours, on weekends, or holidays, and your Quality of Life concern involves a LIFE THREATENING SITUATION such as suicidal or homicidal ideation or a MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS requiring immediate attention, please call our Inmate Information Number at 713-755-5300. Stay on the line and follow the prompts regarding medical care and you will be connected to HCSO Medical Services.