How does an inmate make a phone call?
Inmates at the Harris County Jail are not allowed to receive phone calls.
Inmates can place collect calls to phone numbers where collect calls are not restricted.
Advance Pay Calls:
Advance Pay accounts are set up by the party receiving the calls, allowing them to do so even if their phone number restricts collect calls. Here’s how it works:
- The party receiving the calls should contact Securus at 1-800-844-6591 to obtain instructions on how to establish an Advance Pay account
- The inmate dials the phone number
- The system determines if an Advance Pay account exists and if so, places the call
- The receiving party must accept the call by following the automated instructions
- The cost of the call is deducted from the Advance Pay account balance
Jail Phone Call Rules:
- Calls may be recorded and/or monitored
- Any attempt to call transfer or conference call will disconnect the call
- Calls to some phone numbers may be restricted by the jail for security reasons
To prevent unauthorized inmate collect call charges to your phone bill, do not attempt to transfer any inmate call; do not attempt to conference call another number; do not call forward your phone. If you feel you have been a victim of fraudulent inmate collect call charges, contact your local telephone service provider. You can also contact Securus at 1-800-844-6591 to block any calls originating from the Harris County Jail to your phone.